There are international safety measures put in place when travelling out of Changi Airport. It is important to comply with these measures as failure to do so could not only endanger the safety of all passengers on board the aircraft, but is also an offence.
The list of prohibited items is as follows:
- Firearms of any type including replicas or toys.
- Explosives including fireworks, flares, toy gun caps.
- Gases including compressed gas cylinders, tear gas, mace, pepper sprays, household aerosols.
- Flammable materials including petrol, lighter fuel, paint, thinners, non-safety matches, fire lighters, flammable glue.
- Poisons including weed killers, pesticides, insecticides.
- Corrosive substances including batteries, mercury, drain cleaners.
- Other dangerous goods such as magnetised or radioactive material, toxic or infectious substances like laboratory diagnostic samples.
Items allowed in carry on and checked luggage:
- Hydrocarbon gas-powered hair curlers (limited to no more than one per person), provided the safety cover is securely fitted at all times over the heating element. Separate gas refills for such curlers are not permitted.
- Safety matches or lighters only when carried on the person (the lighter can contain only absorbed liquid or liquefied gas fuel). Refills are not permitted.
- Battery-powered wheelchairs as checked baggage only - but contact your airline in advance to check whether special conditions apply.
- Guidelines apply to Liquids, Aerosols and Gels in hand-carried luggage. Please refer to Guidelines for Liquids, Aerosols and Gels for more information.